As much as I enjoy reading how-to’s I have come to the realization that I should take my time and thoroughly plan out what I want to do, how I should write them and where I would like to see these articles published.
Some ideas I’ve conjured up with the help of family and friends on Facebook and twitter are:
- How to celebrate Mabon as a college student
- Dear White People: How to be an ally
- How to balance school and your health
- Hair transformations without pulling your hair out
- How to love your blackness
- How to have a successful situationship
- How to tour New York as a New Yorker
Specifically, # 2, 4, and 5 are centered around being black and celebrating blackness since it is often not the case. I was thinking of writing #4 as a prose/nonfiction piece about my own hair journey. Also, the term situationship is one I came up with when describing my love life to my friends, and I believe I’ve become quite the expert on that form of college relationships.
I have trouble figuring out where I would be able to publish these articles and would enjoy feedback and advice.